Sunday, May 4, 2008

Undermount sinks - awesome and sucky

All at the same time. It looks fantastic, but it's an unbelievable bear to install. It's no wonder people end up paying 30k-40k to have their kitchens updated - IT SUCKS! As nice as this sink is, I don't think I'd do it again. It's a sink. It doesn't need to look like a masterpiece, it needs to hold dirty dishes until I get them into the dishwasher. So next time, over-mount sink. I think that makes more sense anyway, with weight-loading and what-not.

Also, I got black caulk in my hair, which really pisses me off. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure a lot of people love black caulk, I'm just not one of them.

Oh well.. I'm just impressed I managed to drill 14 holes into the bottom of the countertop WITHOUT popping through the other side.

Here's a lovely piccy. Weekend over. Who needs a drink?

No comments: